All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > General Electronics Chat

Notices

General Electronics Chat Discussion forum for general chat about anything electronics related, including asking questions about material in the All About Circuits E-book, Worksheets, and Videos.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to ranatungawk
Smile what is your favorite Digital Multimeter brand

Hi guys! Please tell me, with your proportional experiences; what is your favorite Digital Multimeter brand... and Why? :-))
Old 09-13-2010, 05:34 PM

Let me post some links we have had on this subject - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=42803

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=36673

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=42341
Old 09-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Fluke for accuracy, reliability, functionality.

Harbor Freight ($2.98 on sale) for keeping in the junk in the back of my car to check out stuff I find in surplus and salvage where accuracy is of no concern. Good for determining voltage on lead-acid batteries to find out if they are useless or possibly restorable, continuity of transformers, rough balance on bridge transducers, etc., before buying. Once used the HF DVM from my trunk to help an electronically naive friend determine why his furnace wasn't working (he neglected to remove the shipping tab from the new thermostat contacts), then left him with the DVM to aid his electronic education.

awright
Old 09-13-2010, 09:49 PM

Default Fluke Forever !!

what awright said !!

My Fluke 77, circa 1982, has been quite forgiving of some amateurish mistakes...... I seriously retarded it once, sent it in to factory, and even well out of warranty, I had it back in a week, fully functional, and recertified to Fluke standards.........no charge.

Let's see anyone get that kind of service from Chyna !!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:11 AM

i have heard alot of good stuff about fluke. right now the only thing i have that thay made is a cyn tex lazer pointer ir thermometer. it is vary good. i have even droped it on gravel in the case and nothing happened. right now i have a cheap clamp meter from a tool sale the clamp doesn't even work. i think i may just get rid of it the continuity beeper works off and on. and it anly mesures full volts so it just rounds the voltage to what it is closest too. this is kind of anoying sometimes and i don't trust it when working with anyhting over about 24 volts. i am looking at this one. http://www.multimeterwarehouse.com/DT9205f.htm could someone take a look at this one and give me an opinion if this is good or if i should keep searching.
i have yet to see a fluke that had all of this and i don't want to go over $20.00. and this looked like a verry good one too.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:15 PM

That DMM seems pretty good for $20. Harbor Freight has one for $22 that has a rubber protective cover as well as temperature measurement. Either way if it breaks you're only out $20 or so.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 PM

my personal multimeter is FLUKE MODEL 115..it is my favorite measurement instrument.SANWA brand it also good performance
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Textbook Safe meter usage : Electrical Safety