Digital Circuit Design

needroom

Joined Feb 23, 2010
Hi Guys, really need your help. I try to figure out what should be use to satisfy the requirement. Counter, Multiplex, adder ?

paone

Joined Dec 12, 2009
u can use a 3 to 8 decoder for seven segment display.
for selecting dip use a2to4 decoder.
"If the previous selection was ’11’, the price of item ‘10’ is discounted to S$1 and price of item ‘11’ is discounted to S$2." for this use 2 and gates
one common i/p to 2 and gates (11 i/p).
other 2 i/ps are from 11 and 10 i/p's to the and gates.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Use a latch to hold the selection.

You could look up the concept of a state machine to help with your design.

It's about time for you to show us some attempts. From the conditions of use:

Important

The Homework Help Forum is not a free homework service; we are here to help your understanding, but fully expect the users of this forum to dictate the course of their own learning.

When posting a request for homework/coursework/assignment help, you must provide details of your attempts at the questions.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
You're not using logic elements yet. For instance, how do you signal the logic that there is an input to service? You say "push", but push what?

Do you have any reference material? You can use 74XX logic, but do you know the functions of the IC's? Can you latch an input into a flip flop?

jlcstrat

Joined Jun 19, 2009
The answer may be using the mod counter's presets...haven"t thought it all the way through, but it seems there could be a way to check for discount.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
A worthwhile project would be to draw up a schematic applying the input selection switches to the logic and latching the value into the register.