How to increase amps on 12v DC

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Could you be a little bit more specific? No one probably understands what you mean. Do you mean increasing current capability of a DC power supply?
Or you mean increasing current in a constant DC voltage circuit?

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
I assume you are talking about a plug pack, or Bench supply.
The maximum current (amps) is limited by the size of the mains transformer and regulator, and most supplies can't be modified without a total rebuild.

mark_e_mark

Joined Sep 28, 2006
im talking about on a vehicle im pretty much coming straight from the battery. Im doing a project an im looking into electrolysis of water and separating it into HHO. There is already a product on the market that claims it can raise amps during more load on the vehicle http://www.fuelfromh2o.com/how-it-works.html , but i cant figure out how he's doing it. I was just at an attempt to create my own.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Raise amps from a given voltage source by lowering resistance.

An ordinary car battery will provide plenty amperage for electrolysis. If you need more still, hook up a second battery in parallel.

Please excersise all appropriate safety precautions - hydrogen explosions maim and kill.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Raise amps from a given voltage source by lowering resistance.

An ordinary car battery will provide plenty amperage for electrolysis. If you need more still, hook up a second battery in parallel.

Please excersise all appropriate safety precautions - hydrogen explosions maim and kill.
I just don´t understand this "much more efficient" design.
If I use the energy from the battery to create H2 + O2 to add it to the fuel, then I recharge the battery from alternator (generator?) where is any improvement?
The energy balance in the system just gets worse, so if I were to run such a car, how often will I have to recharge the battery?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Hi,

Practical considerations like how to dissolve the hydrogen and oxygen in the fule aside, You can't get more energy out of a system than you put into it.

This is just another perpetual motion device. It's more impressive than placing a magnet on the fuel line to improve mileage, but it's no more likely to work.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Use electricity to make fuel, burn the fuel to make more electricity, use the electricity to make fuel etc etc.... ever deminishing circles. Another energy source is required to just keep the system ticking over.
Like "beenthere" says.... "Perpetual Motion".... and there is a heap of them on the web.

mark_e_mark

Joined Sep 28, 2006
I just don´t understand this "much more efficient" design.
If I use the energy from the battery to create H2 + O2 to add it to the fuel, then I recharge the battery from alternator (generator?) where is any improvement?
The energy balance in the system just gets worse, so if I were to run such a car, how often will I have to recharge the battery?
Your alternator will constantly be recharging your battery...its not like you are using every ounce of energy that the battery is to hold.....The alternator will always recharge your battery anyway so why not create your own fuel from that left over electricity

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Your alternator will constantly be recharging your battery...its not like you are using every ounce of energy that the battery is to hold.....The alternator will always recharge your battery anyway so why not create your own fuel from that left over electricity
Left-over electricity? Of course not.

There may be enough voltage, but there is nothing like left-over power. What makes the alternator recharge the battery? The power taken from the engine, and is made at the expense of the fuel.

If the alternator is capable of supplying enough current for the HHO and other systems, then of course you don´t need to recharge the battery more often.
But the law of energy conservation (hope it is the right term) is strict. You can´t get more power of this system, becasue all the energy you add by the HHO is in the first place created by the usual fuel. It MAY have more power, but probably not because of poor efectivity of electrolysis - creates heat along with H2 and O2, and also the power increase makes bigger fuel consumption.

Rowan

Joined Jun 1, 2005
Energy doesn't come from nowhere - if you put larger current loads on your alternator engine rpm will increase to compensate the load thus using more fuel anyway.

Steve555

Joined Oct 11, 2006
Are we trying to run our car on drity hydrogen? There is a way to do this I'm looking into it. You do not need more amps, or volts.
I hope I'm not wasting my time as I have not seen any promising results.
If this is what you are doing, do a lot of reserch. I can share with you what I have learned an exchange ideas if you like.
I am experimenting and reserching at the same time.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
"Dirty hydrogen" is a term used by evironmental activist to describe hydrogen produced using "dirty" electricity. "Clean hydrogen" is extracted with electricity from windmills, solar, or hydroelectric. To throw red-herring atop red-herring, some environmental activists do not consider hydroelectric or wind to be "clean" because of percieved threats to wildlife.

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Ahhh, I see, so when we consider the huge amount of Toxins generated in the production of every Solar cell, and the CO2 released when extracted hydrogen from CH4 (methane), then all (except naturally occuring) hydrogen is Dirty..??
Can't win really.... ;)

asmundr

Joined Jan 8, 2008
the method they are using uses resonance in the electric current to trigger the splitting of water requiring less electricity than conventional electrolysis.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
LOL, I was wondering what this thread could be about, and now I see it is that old stupid perpetuum mobile thread. :D