E-Orbo Electric Motor - Torque from an electric motor without back emf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steakcutter

Joined Dec 29, 2009
I came across a video of this electric motor and it has me very perplexed.

In the following video Steorn shows that their system does not experience a back EMF. Basically, their current and voltage stay the same regardless as to speed. This should be impossible in an ordinary pulse motor.

What's even more odd is that they use toroid stators. This is very odd because toroids keep 99.9% of their field inside of themselves. There is very little if any field to interact with a rotor magnet.

Folks on Youtube are posting videos showing their replications of Steorn's motor. It seems they are getting very similar results.

The "legend" Jean Naudin of JLN labs has also done testing and confirms the findings of Steorn.

Here is Steorn's video.

Introduction to an Orbo Electromagnetic Interaction - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nae_I_Mus

Has anyone else heard of a motor that uses toroid stators?

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Steorn and his cronies practice foisting scams. They produce videos of impossible things, and tell you that they can really do this stuff. Then they

1. Ask for money.

2. Offer to sell you something.

Of course we have heard of such nonsense. Follow the link to see why we don't discuss such any longer - http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=28067

By the way - that kind of motor operation is impossible in theirs, too. The magic word is "toroid". It's supposed to impress you with how smart they are.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Just goto their website and read their own forums. That should tell you enough. :)
From what I've read they have been doing this for 4+ years and charge $419 euro's to be put on the list for plans when they are finished. lol

..What happened to the days when you could just run a ponzi scheme? All kidding aside its amazing how many scammers pass them selves off as businessmen. I just read and article about it and they were saying that ponzi schemes alone are up like 40% over last year. And madoff was last year.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Something this guy misses is counter EMF is a good thing, it is what makes a motor efficient. A motor that is not doing work, that is just clocking over, doesn't pull much current directly due to the counter EMF. When the counter EMF goes away the motor will pull a LOT of current.

In combat robotics a motor that started from the still condition pulled around 500 amps, and gave maximum torque. The moment it moved this current went down to reasonable limits.

steakcutter

Joined Dec 29, 2009
Something this guy misses is counter EMF is a good thing, it is what makes a motor efficient. A motor that is not doing work, that is just clocking over, doesn't pull much current directly due to the counter EMF. When the counter EMF goes away the motor will pull a LOT of current.

In combat robotics a motor that started from the still condition pulled around 500 amps, and gave maximum torque. The moment it moved this current went down to reasonable limits.
What's interesting is the "gain" phase of this system seems to be when the toroid is not fired. If the CEMF can go to zero when the toroid is fired then that could help the system get over 100% efficiency.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
You can not get over 100% efficiency. This is fundamental to how the universe operates. But you can loose your money to people making outrageous claims. If I showed you a video showing me flying by flapping my arms, and claimed I could teach you how, would you buy it? Same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.