All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Electronics Resources

Notices

Electronics Resources Get help with all types of electronics resources, including books, websites, datasheets, technical literature, and software.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:48 AM

Default Useful websites for electronics (Discontinued)

The on-line textbook here at All About Circuits is the main reason many people visit this website. What other websites have you come across on the web that provide free access to information and resources for electrical engineering and electronics?

A couple that I have come across in my time inlcude:

On-line textbook for Digital Signal Processing written by Steven Smith

Free introductory textbook for Physics - particularly useful for Electromagnetics theory

Share the sites that you have found useful.

Dave

Last edited by Dave; 03-17-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:21 PM

Hi Dave,

I ran across this site some time ago:http://www.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elecindx.htm.

It has some good explanations of devices plus example circuits that can be useful for experimentation.

beenthere
Old 08-17-2006, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Hi Dave,

I ran across this site some time ago:http://www.du.edu/~etuttle/electron/elecindx.htm.

It has some good explanations of devices plus example circuits that can be useful for experimentation.

beenthere
There is some detail on that site! Its interesting to see he recommends to standard texts that I stand by:

Art of Electronic by Horowitz and Hill

And

Microelectronic Circuits by Sedra and Smith

Another site I found very useful, particularly if you have the associated textbook (which incidently is quite expensive), but still there is plenty of good information for VLSI circuits and digital system design:

CMOS VLSI Design

Dave
Old 08-17-2006, 08:51 PM

The Electricity and Magnetism section on HyperPhysics has quite extensive electronic references ranging from basic concepts to circuits theories.

eCircuit Center for SPICE related tutorials, experimentations, various circuit simulation examples and much much more.
Old 08-18-2006, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n9352527 View Post
eCircuit Center for SPICE related tutorials, experimentations, various circuit simulation examples and much much more.
Good stuff, it has a SPICE downloads section which is something I often get asked about - and I don't know what to recommend.

Keep them coming.

Dave
Old 08-21-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Integrated circuits

Hi,

This site has a lot of information about ic's - the history and methodology of fabrication. Plus links to similar sites - http://www.icknowledge.com/index.html
Old 08-21-2006, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
Hi,

This site has a lot of information about ic's - the history and methodology of fabrication. Plus links to similar sites - http://www.icknowledge.com/index.html
Hi beenthere,

Ive merged this thread in with the useful websites thread so that we can keep it all in one place. Apologies of you would like to set this as a stand alone topic - if so, let me know and I'll un-merge it.

Dave
Old 08-21-2006, 04:15 PM

Other sites that I have used in the past:

On-line textbook about the design of CMOS VLSI System - very useful for general digital system design techniques.

How to Deisgn Programmes - An introduction to computing and programming - good general purpose reference text for programming of all varieties.

Dave
Old 08-23-2006, 04:47 PM

To add to this growing list, here is a page dedicated to many free e-books for download:

Free e-books at e-dsp

The list is subdivided into several topic areas including:

DSP
Electronics and RF
Electronic Programming
Programming (computer related)
Maths

I personally am very interested in looking at the Fundamentals of Image Processing e-book to see how relevant it is to modern image processing.

Dave
Old 09-03-2006, 07:03 PM

For those looking for schematics, there is a large database of schematics for a wide range of circuits and applications at Commlinx:

Commlinx - Circuit Schematics Database

Dave
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags
, ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Textbook Quirks : Using The spice Circuit Simulation Program
Textbook A very simple circuit : Basic Concepts And Test Equipment