Fractal HDTV Antenna for about $5.00.

Duane P Wetick

Joined Apr 23, 2009
Minkowski Island Fractal HDTV Antenna built as shown, situated in window, picks up ALL HDTV signals in about a 40 mile semi-circle Radius.
No need to buy an expensive HD antenna again. Costs about $5.00 in materials.
The Fractals should result in splendid new antenna designs for all communications challenges. The Mandelbrot theory may be complicated, but the application is currently used in every cell phone.

Have built 4 of these so far, and they have all worked as predicted.

Attachments

Last edited:

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Is the OP's antenna feasible?
Yes!

Fractal antennas are basically diminutive antennas all bent in various formations and angles to achieve a smaller size. I actually made a fractal antenna for 2-meters; it worked reasonably well. They are resonant on multiple frequencies and that's why they are sometimes used in cell phones. Since cell phones have all the different bands, that type of antenna is needed. To design a fractal antenna, you need a special software (unfortunately) that will comply to the laws of fractal geometry and also electromagnetic theory.

Duane P Wetick

Joined Apr 23, 2009
Made another one and mounted it outdoors on old DISH reflector. Mounted it to feed arm with angle and spaced it 1.5" off dish surface. Aimed it to tower(s) using GPS coordinates and hand held compass. HDTV signal reception improved using RG-6 coax. VG signal, no pixilating, (if thats the word) in high winds and snow.

Regards, DPW [ Fractals are the basis for modern antenna design.]

Last edited:
Hi all,

i'm newbie but these fractal antenna are really exciting.

looking at the tv design and the online calculator for a half wave dipole the question i have is this.

once a you get a length for the dipole is that the "wire length" or the overall length of the fractal shape????