All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Electronics Resources

Notices

Electronics Resources Get help with all types of electronics resources, including books, websites, datasheets, technical literature, and software.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:10 AM

HI FRIENDS , can anyone suggest some free circuitmaker other than PSPICE for engineering students .
Old 01-23-2006, 01:05 PM

There are alot of different simulation software out there.

Electronics Workbench is at http://www.electronicsworkbench.com

TINA is at http://www.tina.com

Superspice is at http://www.anasoft.co.uk/

I know Tina and superspice have student versions.

I also know that TINA will do single sided PCB layouts.

None are free.

What's your problem with pSpice [orcad]?
Old 01-31-2006, 02:54 AM

Send a message via AIM to chesart1 Send a message via MSN to chesart1 Send a message via Yahoo to chesart1

Try this website:

http://www.pcb-pool.com/html_uk/uk_service_1.htm

John
Old 01-31-2006, 06:55 PM
E-book Developer

I use Linear Technology's SwitcherCAD III, which is totally free and is not "castrated" like most student or demo versions of Spice. You do have to understand Spice pretty well to use it. It comes with pretty good documentation.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:23 AM

SwitcherCAD is the best for simulating switched inductor circuits but beware of some of the transient artifacts you see on the output with long simulation times, even their apps people admit to that. I use that for switching supply design and I use Intusofts ICAPs for everything else. ICAPs is not free but you get what you pay for. One of the best decisions I made early in my circuit designing career was buying my own tools, and we're talking over $100K USD by now, and all of it has paid for itself many times over. One of the benefits of paying that much money is that you can and do learn it better than just about anbody else who doesn't pay for it themselves. On the job this translates directly into productivity and if you're a consultant, income.
If this is going to be your profession don't be afraid to spend some money, after all, would you go to a surgeon who only used free surgical tools? or a mechanic, or a plumber, or .... ? The free tools are a good start but that's all they are.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:16 PM

There're tons of electronic simulations out there, but probably the most popular one is Multisim, quite initiative in user interface; hence very easy to understand for newbie. Unfortuantely it is not free, still you can download the trial version for 30 days...Someone also told me there is a good alternative of multisim with slightly less capabilities called Easy-pc. It seems to be free and most of all it has a very good support unlike other free floating softwares.

I think it is best for you to download some famous trial softwares so you will have some ideas what they actually look like before using free babies.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:27 AM

Unhappy

hi contact me through the following email Address <SNIP>

Last edited by bertus; 07-10-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Removed email to protect you from spambots
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Counters
Worksheet CMOS logic gates
Worksheet Performance-based assessments for analog integrated circuit competencies
Worksheet Power conversion circuits
Worksheet Bipolar junction transistors in active mode
Worksheet Bipolar junction transistors as switches
Worksheet Performance-based assessments for AC circuit competencies
Worksheet Oscilloscope trigger controls
Worksheet Mixed-frequency signals
Worksheet Series-parallel DC circuits