All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Homework Help

Notices

Homework Help Stuck on a textbook question or coursework? Cramming for a test and need help understanding something? Post your questions and attempts here and let others help.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:36 PM

Default Buck Boost Converter analysis

Hi,

Well I started my MSEE and my first class is power electronics. We have a buck boost converter which I have to perform steady state analysis and perform a DC design.I have attached it as a Pdf including two more pdf's which have the slope waveform sketched and the calculations. I derived the current slope accross the inductor, ripple current, and the inductor value! The problem is I do not know If my calculations are right or wrong!

If anyone can help me in this I would greatly appreciate it.

My answers on the attached Pdf are for 2.1 (a) (b) (c).

Ill explain real quick the way I see it! when the circuit is in steady state the voltage and current balance to zero. ok, now the current slope accross the inductor is the Vout/RL which is -20/4ohm = 5amps (+-)...

Now my slope equations follow this as you will see. Now since I want to reduce the current ripple to 10% and therfore I need to calculate a value of inductance to conform to this I took 10% of 5 Amps and got 0.5 ...

Ok now, when I put it in my inductance formula i get 500uH

P.S. Im not worried about getting the answers! I rather want explanations on how to look at the circuit and what im doing wrong. If you can also tell me if my values are right or wrong that would be very benefitial. Thank you in advance!!!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2.1 (c).pdf (85.0 KB, 341 views)
File Type: pdf homework.pdf (76.5 KB, 246 views)
File Type: pdf 2.1 waveform.pdf (59.6 KB, 215 views)
Old 02-12-2009, 03:19 PM

Default buck booster

hai...i'm currently doing Engineering.i hav to submit a project on buck booster... can u pls provide info abt it
Old 05-26-2009, 07:41 PM

Default Erickson Book solution

Hi,
I was wondering if you have obtained the answer to the problem posted above or if you have any other answers to problems in the same book. I am studying from the same book on my own and could use some extra help.

Thanks!
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Calculus for electric circuits
Worksheet Power conversion circuits
Worksheet Basic AC-DC power supplies
Worksheet Resonance
Worksheet Inductive reactance
Worksheet Inductance
Textbook Resonant filters : Filters
Textbook Low-pass filters : Filters
Textbook AC inductor circuits : Reactance And Impedance -- Inductive
Textbook Series resistor-inductor circuits : Reactance And Impedance -- Inductive