Circuit Design Application for Mac?

Stephen

Joined Oct 25, 2005
Well I'm looking for a circuit design program and simulator, one which I can design all kinds of circuits with ttl, ram, processors, because I'm designing a computer controller (which I use to controll external exuipment.) Anyone know of such a program? I'm hoping for somthing free!

digitalmind

Joined Mar 7, 2009
I've also been looking. I had the idea of learning about circuit simulation after some years then writing my own software for the Mac. Probably the best idea is to shell out some cash for 'doze and use boot camp. Lots of stuff out there for Windows. Or get another cheap box like I have (< $500) and run Linux. pspice and other good tools run well on Unices.

Not sure about design and simulation that can do everything, though. If there was such a thing perhaps it would already be well known.

digitalmind

Joined Mar 7, 2009
Yeah, it isn't, unfortunately.

LabView is available for MacOS X but the price is way outside the average person's budget. MacOS X can run command line tools available for Unices (compiled for Darwin of course). So perhaps that's really all there is.

It sure would be nice to have a free graphical tool for MacOS X. If I ever get good enough I'll write it myself. Meantime I'm going to use boot camp and boot into 'doze for circuit simulation.