All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Homework Help


Homework Help Stuck on a textbook question or coursework? Cramming for a test and need help understanding something? Post your questions and attempts here and let others help.

Reply   Post New Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 04:19 AM
locoman2424 locoman2424 is offline
New Member
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1
Lightbulb Help converting mA to V

Could someone tell me how to convert milliamps to volts or tell me what 177 mA is in volts
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:53 AM
blazedaces's Avatar
blazedaces blazedaces is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 130

Originally Posted by locoman2424 View Post
Could someone tell me how to convert milliamps to volts or tell me what 177 mA is in volts
V = I*R is ohms law, where v is in volts, I is in amperes, and R is in ohms. It is not actually possible to convert between amps (or milliamps) and volts. The only way to do something that resembles what you're asking is to ask for the voltage and current for a specified resistor.

Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:33 AM
leftyretro's Avatar
leftyretro leftyretro is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hercules, Ca. (SF Bay Area)
Posts: 394

I'll tell you if you tell we why you used such large and ugly font and colors first.
Measurement changes behaviour
Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:56 AM
hgmjr's Avatar
hgmjr hgmjr is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Tennessee, USA (GMT-6)
Posts: 9,030
Blog Entries: 11

As has been stated, Ohm's Law is the equation you need to apply here. Have you a specific resistance in mind? Without the value of resistance it is only possible to state that 177 milliamps equates to 177 millivolts per ohm.

I would recommend selecting a smaller font in the future.

Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:20 PM
beenthere's Avatar
beenthere beenthere is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Missouri, USA (GMT -6)
Posts: 15,815
Blog Entries: 10

There is a currebt to voltage converter. It's called a resistor. The you use Ohm's law - E = IR.
First comes the hardware, then the software.
Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

, , , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Linear computational circuitry
Worksheet Summer and subtractor opamp circuits
Worksheet Power conversion circuits
Worksheet Class A BJT amplifiers
Worksheet Regulated power sources
Worksheet Zener diodes
Worksheet Time constant calculations
Worksheet Kirchhoff's Laws
Worksheet Voltage divider circuits
Worksheet Series DC circuits

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Converting dual filament bulb to single filament Bubblehead1985 General Electronics Chat 9 09-12-2008 02:08 AM
Converting negative signal into positive signal SilvrEclipse The Projects Forum 43 11-28-2007 10:15 PM
converting flip flops itsyaboi Homework Help 11 11-22-2007 04:21 AM
converting hex file to asm file edgehead Programmer's Corner 1 02-21-2007 09:59 AM
converting keyboard code of UP-2 board to spartan3 board m75allen Programmer's Corner 1 11-30-2006 04:27 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:30 AM.

User-posted content, unless source quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.