Have the blogs changed?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I tried adding a new blog, never quite did it.

What I did do was merge all my other blogs by accident. I like the end result better, but it seems something has changed? The one end result I'm not sure of is the fact I can't seem to set the options for individual blogs anymore.

But like I said, overall it is an improvement, at least in my case.

I seem to have a deleted blog that still shows for my profile, but when I looked as someone else it was invisable. Odd.

Has some of the fundimentals changed?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
My apologies, this fell through the cracks and I assumed (in the full ironic meaning of the word) that it had been noticed and the answer was not known.

For the life of me I can not figure out how to start an second independent blog here. I can add another sub-entry, where the settings are linked to the primary. This isn't a complaint, I actually prefer this format, and couldn't figure out how to do it the first time around, but it bothers me (in that I'm stupid) when I can't see how to do something and I think it is there.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
My apologies, this fell through the cracks and I assumed (in the full ironic meaning of the word) that it had been noticed and the answer was not known.
No problems Bill. The blogs software undergoes quite regular updates, typically in-line with the point-releases of the forum software.

For the life of me I can not figure out how to start an second independent blog here. I can add another sub-entry, where the settings are linked to the primary. This isn't a complaint, I actually prefer this format, and couldn't figure out how to do it the first time around, but it bothers me (in that I'm stupid) when I can't see how to do something and I think it is there.
The blogs are per-account, like I said in the other thread, this means that each user account has access to one blog. Within your blog you can create categories (go to http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog_usercp.php?do=editcat); this will allow you to create sub-categories within your blog (e.g. 555 circuits, AAC stuff etc). Then if you look on the sidebar on the left hand side, you will see a panel titled Blog Categories which will list all the categories you have - select one of those links and it will list only the blog entries that are relevant to that category. For an example, see how I have done it: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog.php?u=60 (I currently have 3 categories, All About Circuits, Computing, and Matlab). You can have as many categories as you want.

When you write a blog entry, you can assign it to one or more categories by scrolling down to below the text-entry box and you will see your categories with check-boxes - just check the check-box for what category you want that entry to be part of - you can have an entry assigned to more than one category.

Dave

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspected this was the case. Thanks.

As I come up with specific questions I'll post them here. I'd the sort of person that has to bang my head on a problem before the solution will make sense, and stick.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003