All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Software, Microcomputing, and Communications Forums > Radio and Communications

Notices

Radio and Communications Discussion forum for all aspects of RF and communication engineering, including antennas, modulation regimes, RF circuits and filter design, and telematics.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 08:40 AM

Default career in electronics and communication engineering

i want to work in core area of electronics and communication engineering.what are the qualifications required and where to apply
Old 09-26-2008, 02:43 PM

Perhaps a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering would be a good start.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:55 PM

Almost all technology job listings I see on avue require a Bachelor's degree from a school that is ABET accredited. So make sure of that if you decide to go to a school.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Which part of the world do you wish to work in?
"I want to establish in your mind very clearly that you must not think I deny all that I do not admit. On the contrary, I think there are many things which may be true, and which I shall receive as such hereafter, though I do not as yet receive them; but that is not because there is any proof to the contrary, but that the proof in the affirmative is not yet sufficient for me"
- Michael Faraday
Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 PM

I want to work in subcontinent and in telecommunication.....am studying electronics and telecommunication engg here in a local university....But where to apply?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:41 AM

This is some time after the original post, but a few comments may be useful to others.
- Most universities have career placement offices where companies will post jobs and may come to on-campus interviews.
- Ask your professors and instructors if they have contacts in the industry or for a list of companies in the region you want to work.
- Go to meetings or a conference in your country sponsored by the IEEE and meet working engineers there.

Good luck,
SRH
Old 02-04-2010, 05:39 PM

Default Medical Electronics Arena

My advice is to try for a job in the Medical Electronics Arena because thats where all the (insurance) money is, versus a job in the free market where no one has any money.

Cheers, DPW [ Everything has limitations...and I hate limitations.]

Follow The Money [Good advice for everyone.] ps: I really think this one deserves 5 stars!

Last edited by Duane P Wetick; 02-04-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny3245 View Post
i want to work in core area of electronics and communication engineering.what are the qualifications required and where to apply
Well yes, I agree with the others saying obviously you need your bachelors in engineering. How old are you and are you just finishing high school and is looking into a college degree in engineering? Are you more school or career oriented right now?

Here are some resources that may be of help to you:
1. http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos027.htm - all the info you need to know about what it looks like to be an engineer for a career
2. http://www.engineeringdegree.net/ - if you already some engineering courses completed, you can finish you degree by taking the rest of your courses online
3. http://www.engineerseals.com/professional-engineer.php - requirements to be considered a "professional" engineer

Pretty much your first step is just to get your education going, and from there you'll gain more experience out in the real world and get some hands on work to do in the field.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:14 AM

Those are good links, but the thread is long dead.

Tags
, , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Textbook Radio circuits -- INCOMPLETE : Practical Analog Semiconductor Circuits