All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Homework Help

Notices

Homework Help Stuck on a textbook question or coursework? Cramming for a test and need help understanding something? Post your questions and attempts here and let others help.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 01:52 PM

Default Barcode Scanner (Line Reader) Circuit Diagram

anyone has this circuit diagram?? i need it for school project yet couldn't find..
Old 08-17-2008, 03:13 PM

?????
What diagrmam? The whole scanner? Where do you go to school? What kind of school wants a barcode scanner circuit for project 8|
Old 08-17-2008, 06:09 PM

There is no one way to do the scanning. See this link - http://www.denso-wave.com/en/adcd/fu...e/scanner.html.

There is also more than one way to decode the results of the scan. You might wish to become more familiar with the subject and come back with more focused questions.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:20 PM

Can the CCD method works far range??? if so, can anyone provides me with a circuit diagram of the barcode scanner circuit diagram?
Old 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM

At my previous job I had to use barcode scanners. I used CCD and also laser scanner.

CCD is for short range, 1-2 inch, and it's limited to the size of the barcode also, i.e. if the barcode is printed on a full page (very big), there is no way you can scan it with a CCD scanner. Laser is much farther, I think I scanned from as far as 2 feet, and the size of the barcode it does not matter that much, if it's big, you just scan from further away then normal.
I think laser is faster too... with CCD you have to move it around to get the right position until it scans, but with laser, you just point anywhere on the barcode, and it scans right away...

I always hated to use CCD scanners becuase of it's limitations.

But if you DO find a circuit diagram for a CCD scanner, I would be very interested to see it because I want to use CCD for something else, and I have no idea how to read the information from the CCD array.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Hello,

For more information on barcodes and their readers take a look at the links of this page.
http://www.educypedia.be/electronics/databarcode.htm

Greetings,
Bertus

It would be nice to have the Timezone ( GMT +/- x ) in the location field in the profile.
(User CP -> Edit Your Details)
Old 08-19-2008, 04:39 PM

can anyone provides me a with CCD and laser scanner circuit???? thanks a lot.. i need it very much..
Old 08-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Well, if you can figure out how to read the data from the CCD array into a microcontroller, then the rest is easy... then it's just a matter of programming the microcontroller, and that is easy for me (since I am a programmer).

[Edit](to continue my sentance)
.... and I could write the code for you to read the barcode if you don't know how.

By the way... what barcodes do you plan to read ? Code 2 of 5, Code128, Code39, etc. ? (I only have experience in Code128)

Last edited by CVMichael; 08-19-2008 at 05:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:37 PM

i'm just planning to do a simple project for the school. the barcode would be scanned. example, bus 31. meaning code 31?? is that right?

yeah, i do need help in programming. i'm planning to do a barcode scanner. and a barcode . when the barcode scanner scan the barcode, it would send a signal for it to sound out the number , "Bus 31"
Old 08-20-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elinque View Post
can anyone provides me a with CCD and laser scanner circuit???? thanks a lot.. i need it very much..
It is not only a circuit. Is a whole project with circuit AND programming. It will not be so easy
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , , , ,