All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > General Electronics Chat

Notices

General Electronics Chat Discussion forum for general chat about anything electronics related, including asking questions about material in the All About Circuits E-book, Worksheets, and Videos.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 04:20 PM

Default connecting a 415v 3ph motor

i have connected a 415v 3phase motor (6 terminals). it now runs for about 20 seconds then trips the overload, and blows a fuse. it also feels warm.i used the 3 bridging straps provided. the previous motor had 4 terminals,so this one is wired differently.do i not need bridging straps? appreciate any help.
Old 06-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Super Moderator

Saying "motor" is like saying "wine." Are we talking cheap California zinfandel or high-priced chardonnay from Burgandy?

Can you provide manufacturer and model number? Is your supply delta or wye?
"I want to establish in your mind very clearly that you must not think I deny all that I do not admit. On the contrary, I think there are many things which may be true, and which I shall receive as such hereafter, though I do not as yet receive them; but that is not because there is any proof to the contrary, but that the proof in the affirmative is not yet sufficient for me"
- Michael Faraday
Old 06-14-2008, 02:34 AM

That motor sounds like the one we wired the other day. It's like two motors in one. for it to work right, you will need the straps the came with the motor. It should only use 3 wires, just watch for the rotaion it was made to turn..thats just my thoughts...Travis
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Insulated gate field-effect transistors
Worksheet Bipolar junction transistors as switches
Worksheet Rectifier circuits
Worksheet AC network analysis
Worksheet AC motor control circuits
Textbook ElectroStatic Discharge : Practical Analog Semiconductor Circuits
Worksheet Series DC circuits