All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > General Electronics Chat

Notices

General Electronics Chat Discussion forum for general chat about anything electronics related, including asking questions about material in the All About Circuits E-book, Worksheets, and Videos.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 07:37 AM

Hi,i am an electronics engineering student,and i need a dc to dc converter circuit design without transformer and op-amp,i mean only using transistors for amplification with the specifications:input:5v; output:6v minimum;power:supply a power of at least 200mw;input voltage tolerance:5v+5%; output tolerance:should be in the range of Voutput+5%.Please help me in a few days :
Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by e1291426@May 18 2005, 02:37 AM
Hi,i am an electronics engineering student,and i need a dc to dc converter circuit design without transformer with the specifications:input:5v; output:6v minimum;power:supply a power of at least 200mw;input voltage tolerance:5v+5%; output tolerance:should be in the range of Voutput+5%.Please help me in a few days :
Hmm... only way to step up the voltage w/o using a transformer is with an inductor.

You could very easily use the 5v input to trigger a 555 timer tuned to a lower harmonic of the Class C oscilation freq and just rectify the output. Since you have 5vac source, you could get 10vac output on the Class C. Rectify and throw a 6v Zener and ur good to go.

All this is fairly simple to design and build. You can google alot of this, but yo should be able to find Class Cs in your electronics book.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Brandon@May 18 2005, 07:55 PM
Hmm... only way to step up the voltage w/o using a transformer is with an inductor.

You could very easily use the 5v input to trigger a 555 timer tuned to a lower harmonic of the Class C oscilation freq and just rectify the output. Since you have 5vac source, you could get 10vac output on the Class C. Rectify and throw a 6v Zener and ur good to go.

All this is fairly simple to design and build. You can google alot of this, but yo should be able to find Class Cs in your electronics book.
This link gives a step-up convertor from 5v to over 13v. You could probably get down to 6V by changing the feedback pot.

http://www.interq.or.jp/japan/se-inoue/e_ckt232.htm
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Linear computational circuitry
Worksheet Power conversion circuits
Worksheet Basic AC-DC power supplies
Worksheet Advanced electromagnetism and electromagnetic induction
Worksheet Impedance matching with transformers
Worksheet Step-up, step-down, and isolation transformers
Textbook AC voltmeters and ammeters : Ac Metering Circuits