c programming book or lectures containg problems and solutions

hamis

Joined May 12, 2008
hi everey body in our forum.hope evey one is cool. i have some prpblems with c prpgramming especiall in solving some problems.

so can any one in our forum member send to me books of c programming or even lectures with problems and solutions so that i can help me in understanding well this lesson

my email.wmimi11@yahoo.com
thankx

roddefig

Joined Apr 29, 2008
I would recommend "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Ritchie. It's widely considered to be the C "bible" and it's a good book to have around if you plan to keep working with C.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I would recommend "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan and Ritchie. It's widely considered to be the C "bible" and it's a good book to have around if you plan to keep working with C.
Agreed - highly recommended. I picked up a tatty copy from a second hand book store sale and it has served me well.

Dave

Mark44

Joined Nov 26, 2007
I agree that K&R is a good book to have as a C reference, but I wouldn't pick it as one to use to learn C, since it's a small book with only a few examples. As a programming language, C has been more-or-less eclipsed by C++, so if you walked into a bookstore, I don't think you would see very many books that exclusively treated C.

You might be able to find used books, though, at places like abebooks.com. Here are a few that might be useful for learning C:
A Book on C, Al Kelley and Ira Pohl, publ. by Benjamin Cummings
C: An Advanced Introduction, Narain Gehani, publ. by Computer Science Press
Advanced C, Herbert Schildt, publ. by Osborne McGraw-Hill
The Waite Group's Essential Guide to ANSI C, Naba Barkakati, publ. by Howard W. Sams & Co. (reference)

I have several others, but they're packed away in a box in my garage.
Mark