Help About Clippers And Clampers??????

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
i am fully awre how to draw the waveforms of CLIPPERS and CLAMPERS.but i ant to know their practical applications...Where are they used????i am actually 1 year student of electrical engineering...so i want to know their practical approach..nad please discuss any difficult case of CLIPPERS and CLAMPERS...because i found drawing their waveforms easy and effortless!!!!are the as much easy...i found them so!!!!

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't know all their current uses, but they used to be a major component in FM, used in leu of a Automatic Gain Control. You cascade amps and clippers and you eventually get a maxed out waveform.

Another use is to limit an analogue signal to a digital level.

dogar sahab

Joined Mar 15, 2008
I ALSO WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ripple factor..can u guide me through this topic...and i want to ask about the averge value of sine wave..is it really zero...and what about its relationship as
0.318Vmax

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
If a sine wave has symmetrical excursions positive and negative, then the average value has to be zero. Measurement is done by using a rectifier circuit to take the absolute value of the sine wave, and then measuring the average or RMS value of the unipolar waveform.

Xolisa.X

Joined Apr 14, 2008
i am fully awre how to draw the waveforms of CLIPPERS and CLAMPERS.but i ant to know their practical applications...Where are they used????i am actually 1 year student of electrical engineering...so i want to know their practical approach..nad please discuss any difficult case of CLIPPERS and CLAMPERS...because i found drawing their waveforms easy and effortless!!!!are the as much easy...i found them so!!!!
................Yes its easy to draw but im just memorising