All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > General Electronics Chat

Notices

General Electronics Chat Discussion forum for general chat about anything electronics related, including asking questions about material in the All About Circuits E-book, Worksheets, and Videos.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 04:37 PM

i tried to control the speed of the line-following-robot (at the turnings)using pulse width modulation. but it did'nt work out well. actually, i am planning in such a way that the speed of the robot should decrease continuously from a certain distance b4 the turn ( for eg. it should keep on decreasing speed from 10 cm away from the turn) .can anybody suggest an idea for the speed control and the prediction of the turn ?????
Old 03-23-2005, 04:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to buddyengineers

Quote:
Originally posted by itsmyturn@Mar 23 2005, 11:07 PM
i tried to control the speed of the line-following-robot (at the turnings)using pulse width modulation. but it did'nt work out well. actually, i am planning in such a way that the speed of the robot should decrease continuously from a certain distance b4 the turn ( for eg. it should keep on decreasing speed from 10 cm away from the turn) .can anybody suggest an idea for the speed control and the prediction of the turn ?????

I have designed line following robos earlier and also organised an event on it.., hmm., but wat ur trying is something nice and challenging.., Also u said PWM didnt work 4 u..,
I have even used PWM.., but it dosnt provide smooth control

All the designs built by us were Constant Speed Motors., so never tried a variable speed one., Well how abt using a stepper motor., and changing the delay for the step., this will help u control speed., but a very slow process.., i assume u r using a DC motor., so current control is necessary

Neat stuff..,
Will surely help u keep in touch., and do post in if u find anything tht worked 4 u
Dilu
Old 03-24-2005, 02:40 AM

In my limited experience with PWMs, I've learmed that a PWM drive works best with a motor that was designed to be driven by a PWM. Make sure that your motor matches the drive. That said, what is it that tells the drive or robot to slow down as it approached the turn?
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, ,

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Calculus for electric circuits
Worksheet Digital-to-Analog conversion
Worksheet Performance-based assessments for analog integrated circuit competencies
Worksheet Signal modulation
Worksheet AC motor theory
Textbook Single-phase induction motors : Ac Motors
Textbook Tesla polyphase induction motors : Ac Motors
Textbook Reluctance motor : Ac Motors
Textbook Synchronous Motors : Ac Motors
Textbook Special-purpose diodes : Diodes And Rectifiers