[Multisim] Diode circuit output problem

x3x3lollipop

Joined Aug 1, 2014
Hi,

I would like to know that how come my output waveform for the circuit appear to be in such condition? Theoretically, the negative cycle should be at zero volt. However, I am obtaining the weird part as shown in the figure attached in the post. Can anyone help me out with that? Thanks.

Note:
Multisim version 11.

**Sorry if the post is not in the correct section. I am new to this forum.

Attachments

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I've used Multisim (aka Electronic Workbench) for many years and it normally gives good simulation results but sometimes it picks a simulation time step that is too large. Go to Analysis Options / Instruments and set the Minimum Time Step (TMAX) to 10ns (1e-8) or less. Then you should get a simulation similar to Mike's except there will be some undershoot at the negative going edge of the sinewave due to the reverse recovery time of the diode.

In general if you see simulation results that look segmented or have odd oscillations, then try changing the simulation parameters such as the minimum time-step, or changing the Transient Analysis Integration Method from Trapezoidal to Gear.

Mike, if you change the diode in your simulation to a 1N4007 you will also see this reverse transient.