All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > All About Circuits Commmunity Forums > Off-Topic

Notices

Off-Topic A place to discuss anything other than electronics with other members. General conversation allowed, but please have consideration for your fellow members.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 12:43 PM

Default Moderator locks own thread

There's a first time for everything...or maybe this has happened before?

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/sh...ad.php?t=90418
Old 10-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

It had drifted from the original intent, and it had done what I wanted it to. I knew there was a danger in mentioned The Affordable Care Health Act, since it has been so politicized, but the fact I am probably going to need it is true enough.

The forums are not for politics, so the thread got locked. If the discussion tries to pick up where it left off here I'll have to lock this one too. That or one of the other moderators will.

General info:
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input. Thanks for the verbage Wookie.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:11 PM

Reminds me of a video I saw once of a courtroom.... the defense attorney was trying to ask a question , but he couldn't figure out how and ended up rambling incoherently... at which point he turned to the judge and said:

"Your honor, I request that my next question be stricken from the record."
The Following User Says Thank You to bountyhunter For This Useful Post:
PackratKing (10-22-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 12:02 AM

That sounds like "My cousin Vinney"
Old 10-21-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Marsden View Post
The forums are not for politics, so the thread got locked. If the discussion tries to pick up where it left off here I'll have to lock this one too. That or one of the other moderators will.
I understood the why; I was just amused by the irony.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:11 AM

My favorite is when someone with NO posting history decides to make a thread political. There isnt any way to enforce a "no politics"rule as long as that can occur.
Old 10-21-2013, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Sure there is, you moderate them, warn them, and if necessary, ban them. The moderators are active enough that not a lot gets by us. We also get a lot of help from our established membership.

General info:
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input. Thanks for the verbage Wookie.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:41 AM

My point is, someone with no posting history is not concerned about getting banned. These folks troll the internet searching for opportunities to impose their politics.
Old 10-21-2013, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

True enough. I'm surprised we don't get more of them. But then, I suspect we tend to be offputing. Who wants to fall into a nest of nerds?

General info:
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, ,