All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > Homework Help

Notices

Homework Help Stuck on a textbook question or coursework? Cramming for a test and need help understanding something? Post your questions and attempts here and let others help.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 04:25 AM

Seems straightforward to me.

If there is 1A flowing down a conductor, and gets to a fork, it could be quite possible the 1A flows entirely down one path after the fork, giving a result of 1A in one path and 0A in the other path.

Now with 1A current, it is also possible that 0.5A flows in each path after the fork. What the examiner has done is eliminate that situation by using the fact that a single electron must travel 100% down one path and 0% down the other path, which simplifies the problem.
Roman Black - PICs and electronics. Author of BTc PIC-sound encoder, Shift1-LCD project, the TalkBotBrain talking PIC controller, LiniStepper open-source microstepping motor driver, the Black Regulator 2-transistor SMPS, and probably some other stuff; www.RomanBlack.com
Old 10-21-2013, 04:30 AM

It's not 1 amp, it's one electron.
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags