MC-30 motor controller

Porsche650

Joined May 15, 2014
So i bought a 5k linear pot from radioshack and still have the same problem the motor starts then stops starts then stops at low speed its fine but once i raise it a little more it starts then stops. I tried tinkering with the max, IR, Cur pot and still will not work correctly.

Porsche650

Joined May 15, 2014
Ok i tried that, the response to illuminate the light is very slow, it takes a 1/4 turn to start illuminating using pot and goes until full bright this was with a 40watt diden;t have 100watt. The motor on the other hand goes ok until 16volts then the motor cuts in and out. I have a question though i started this discussion on another forum with very little help this one seemed to be the most helpful/ knowledgeable. The motor is a treadmill motor 90v 4700 rpm 10amp Runs CW. One thing that was not stated was the motor has 3 wires a black red and green the green at the moment is not being used.
Would that cause the issue?

Oh and response on increase motor speed is Laggy.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
The green is ground and will not normally affect the running of the motor.
Did you test the motor on another source such as automotive battery?
If the motor is labeled CW it is usually for one of two reasons, the brushes could be offset or the pulley is threaded on, and reversing is likely to spin it off.
On the threaded pulley you normally remove this for drill/mill/lathe usage, and then can run either direction.
Max.

Porsche650

Joined May 15, 2014
any other ideas? I c some setups that have big resistors going to the motor am i missing something that will amp the voltage. I havent checked the amps maybe its spiking above the boards ability even though its 10 amps but that's at 90v would it draw more at a lower voltage?

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I assume you are trying it off load?
It should start up with less current if you have the flywheel off.
Your sure there is not digital tach feedback required? Most T.M.s have these.
Do you have a smaller DC motor you can try?
Max.