How do I make this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefg023

Joined Feb 11, 2014
How do I make one of these myself? I would like it to control a timer, and send more powerful light into my led lights.
Also, if you could explain it to me like I'm 5 years old, that would be helpful. :)

Attachments

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
5 year olds can't.. ;)
Now pretend you are an engineer..

define "control a timer"
define the specs of your LED lights? datasheet? part number? desired current? forward voltage rating?
define the exact intended function?
define the control signals it accepts?

Is this for an aquarium application?

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
How is this different than your thread?

In that thread, it was attempted to explain that the "black blob" is a custom IC and as such there is no part for it. What #12 was asking was what specifically were you trying to do. You said you were "almost there" and then didn't respond.

Is there a reason for starting a new thread?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
"IF" all you want to do is power 2 LED's that shine through fiber optic strings then a simple regulated "5V wall-wart" AC/DC adapter with a switch and a resistor for each LED is ALL you need.

Stefg023

Joined Feb 11, 2014
Mcgyvr... I'm trying to imitate a picture I got as a gift. Uses fiber optic lights in a canvas picture, battery operated. My light doesn't seem as bright. Also, her picture has a 4 hour timer in it that I'd like to have. I'm sure this board has something to do with the timer, but why is hers so much brighter than mine? She has 3 different colored led's and they're very bright. Mine disappear in natural light. For example, I'd use 3 AA's, so 4.5v, to power a white led with 3.3 fv and 25 current, 68 ohm resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.