1.5 Volt AA Battery Charger

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I am wanting to build a Battery charger for a 1.5 volt AA Battery. Can any one assist with a circuit diagram.

Best wishes

Rodney

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Generally speaking they cannot be recharged. NiMH batteries at 1.2 Volts may be rechargeable, and the charger at Radio shack is $9.95. Carbon-Zinc and alkaline cells are not.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
So then it would be better to put two 1.2 Volt batteries in Parallel getting 2.4 Volts then Regullllate them down to 1.5 Volts. I still need the circuit of the charger as I want to build it as its housed in a special box with a PCB driving other circuits as well.

RodneyB

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I would be putting the 2 x 1.2 Volt NICAD batteries in series to get the 2.4 Volts then I will regulate it Down to 1.5 Volts, I am driving a clock which needs 1.5 Volts. So I am going to need to charge the batteries at 2.4 Volts then regulate to 1.5 Volts. The low drop out voltage regulator is the next challange

davebee

Joined Oct 22, 2008
Do you have any idea what voltage range the clock will run from?

If it was designed for 1.5 volt alkaline cells, it may be able to run from 1.2 volts directly, since alkaline voltages run down past 1.2 volts as they discharge.

Do you have any idea what voltage range the clock will run from?

If it was designed for 1.5 volt alkaline cells, it may be able to run from 1.2 volts directly, since alkaline voltages run down past 1.2 volts as they discharge.
This guy beat me to what I was gonna say. Any more details on exactly what you are trying to do? I see more and more issues with getting answers to posts around here because the OP is trying to "Simplify" the explanation thinking they are making it easier to answer...