O'scope purchasing problem

nobody0608

Joined Aug 4, 2012
I am still a student and like to do project or test out the circuit by myself. Now I looking for the o'scope that I am affordable as I cannot go to lab everyday. The distance of my dorm and lab are 30km away. I found that it's quite difficult for me to proceed the project sometime without an o'scope since the waveform have to self-imagine (sometime the imagined waveform is totally wrong).

I have read the O'scope discussion that given by Mr. Crutschow.

I hope that I can get more informations about selecting o'scope from experienced people so that I won't make a wrong purchasing option.

Thank in advance.

*ps:
Felt ashamed as I used other people's post to ask questions so I decide to open a new thread.

You might consider a USB oscilloscope such as this, that uses your computer to display the waveforms. It's more expensive, but it has a much greater bandwidth.
The o'scope that you suggested might fulfill my current needs, and I understand that the price is reasonable according to its specification. But, why the price of that o'scope at ebay is much lower compared to bestoscilloscope? (Sorry as I never done online purchasing before)
Which site is more secure to make purchasing?

Last edited:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Hard to say which is more secure. Generally dedicated websites are secure, but a few aren't. With Ebay you are depending somewhat on the reputation of the individual seller. Ebay will help if you have a problem but there's no guarantee

nobody0608

Joined Aug 4, 2012
Hard to say which is more secure. Generally dedicated websites are secure, but a few aren't. With Ebay you are depending somewhat on the reputation of the individual seller. Ebay will help if you have a problem but there's no guarantee
Thank for your explanation. After rereading the terms and conditions, now I am clearer about the differences among those two site.

Thank for your suggestion as well, I will try to save the money to purchase that o'scope (seem like that o'scope is the best choice for my current situation).

Last edited: