All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Software, Microcomputing, and Communications Forums > Radio and Communications

Notices

Radio and Communications Discussion forum for all aspects of RF and communication engineering, including antennas, modulation regimes, RF circuits and filter design, and telematics.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:30 PM

Default station ?

I am wondering looking at an old 2003 FCC allocation of frequency chart
I am coming to the conclusion that all the TV channels thru the air are
being broadcasting in UHF or VHF
I know there is alot of other ranges like
EHF = Extremely high frequency (Microwaves)
SHF = Super high frequency (Microwaves)
UHF = Ultrahigh frequency
VHF = Very high frequency
HF = High frequency
MF = Medium frequency
LF = Low frequency
VLF = Very low frequency
VF = Voice frequency
ELF = Extremely low frequency

I was just curious if currently TV is useing a different range other then UHF or VHF. NOT CONSIDERING TV SATELLITE BROADCASTS OBVIOUS THESE FALL IN OTHER RANGES THEN UHF AND VHF. Just looking at what the current TV air broadcasts are allocated for with the FCC.

Is those other ranges just basically for FM and AM and radar technologies for the most part or are there TV/ other applications normally on those ranges? <--looking at the 2003 chart FCC it seems like mostly those 3 AM,FM or radar

Question 2
Same type of question as above, but for mobile phone provider curious what the allowable frequencies / channels for mobile phones/cell phones. We have so many different cell phones they must all have to use some standard range allocated by the FCC or some sections of the microwave spectrum/RF spectrum normally

I guess at this 2003 chart it is scattered for mobile phones or at least if "mobile light purple" corresponds to the mobile phones that normal users use. Curious what ranges are for customer and what the rest are for in terms of mobile

Last edited by Mathematics!; 05-01-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags

Related Site Pages
Section Title
Worksheet Phase-locked loops
Worksheet Signal modulation
Worksheet Design Project: Radio transmitter
Textbook Microwave tubes : Electron Tubes
Worksheet Passive filter circuits
Video Lecture Alternating Voltage Applications - Alternating Current
Video Lecture System Connectivity - Electronic Systems
Textbook Special-purpose diodes : Diodes And Rectifiers