Motor with alternating direction

mcm513

Joined Jan 18, 2012
Hi, I have a similar (perhaps simpler) problem. I need to cycle my motor such that it rotates clockwise for a certain time interval (let's say 5 seconds) and then reverses and rotates counterclockwise for 5 seconds. I want this cycle to repeat continuously, and I was wondering what the simplest approach would be? Do I just use an interval timer and relay? I do not need the motor to pause before it reverses, as was the case above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
Hi, I have a similar (perhaps simpler) problem. I need to cycle my motor such that it rotates clockwise for a certain time interval (let's say 5 seconds) and then reverses and rotates counterclockwise for 5 seconds. I want this cycle to repeat continuously, and I was wondering what the simplest approach would be? Do I just use an interval timer and relay? I do not need the motor to pause before it reverses, as was the case above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
I don't know if it's the simplest solution, but a simple solution would be an NE555 astable multivibrator with a 5 second pulse time connected to a DPDT relay wired to reverse the polarity on the motor. That is assuming the motor is low voltage DC. Post the voltage and current requirement of the motor.