My Project -Simulation not working

HUMBLE

Joined Oct 24, 2010
Once again ,I express my gratitude and will start looking out for a simple circuit that I can add to achieve voltage regulation.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Please,will I need to heat-sink the transistors in my circuit?
Your circuit has small transistors operating at a very low current since their loads are 10k ohm resistors. You can calculate their output voltage then calculate their output current and tiny amount of heating.
Output power transistors are missing.

Attachments

HUMBLE

Joined Oct 24, 2010
I am back with my progress and some problems too.

Ihave tried to simulate after adding the transformer but it won't give me a result.

I want to find out if I need to use a single core or double core transformer for it to work.

Thanks in anticipation of your usual kind assistance.

Attachments

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
What are you making with those tiny low-power output transistors?
Why do the output transistors have emitter resistors with a value as high as 10k ohms that limits the current from each output transistor to only 1.2mA?
Why are the collectors of the output transistors shorted to +12V instead of driving the transformer and why are both wires of the transformer connected directly to +12V?
Why doesn't your transformer have an iron core?

You are simply wrongly copying the circuit on the first post that has my name on it:
1) It uses a center-tapped output transformer with the center-tap connected to +12V.
2) The collectors of the output transistors are not shorted to +12V, they connect to the outer transformer wires.
3) The driver transistors and output transistors are not little low power 2N2222s that have a max allowed current of only 800mA each, it uses 2N3055 power transistors that have a max allowed current of 15A each.
4) Its emitter resistors are not 10k ohms, they are 0.1 ohms for high current.
It is a square-wave inverter without any voltage regulation designed with cheap old parts because it is used in a 3rd-world country where people do not have electricity.

I improved the circuit over the years. here is the latest version:

Attachments

HUMBLE

Joined Oct 24, 2010
It's great being under you tutelage and I am directed each time to make extra reading to get on.Thanks for your kind directions thus far.Definitely start working on the improvement tomorrow.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Are you simply learning how to solder parts together?
Does your teacher know that you are simply copying my improvements to an old design?
Does your teacher care that the output of this extremely simple inverter is a square-wave so it will not power many electronic products nor motor speed controls?
Does your teacher know that it is used only in a 3rd-world country because its parts are old and cheap?

HUMBLE

Joined Oct 24, 2010
As to whether my teacher know about it,the answer is YES,he probably made do this project because I just might take the experience gained back home- a 3rd-world country - and use it in helping in my own little way .

Of course,due credit to all of you for all your hard work and constructive criticism thus far.