All About Circuits Forum  

Go Back   All About Circuits Forum > Electronics Forums > The Projects Forum

Notices

The Projects Forum Working on an electronics project and would like some suggestions, help or critiques? If you would like to comment or assist others with their projects, this is the place to do it.

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:53 PM

Yes, it's NiCd. Would that be a higher current requirement?

I went to the surplus place at lunchtime and they had a 24vDC 210mA charger for $5, so I'm going to try that. I also found what was labeled to be a 125-25 VAC transformer, but when I looked it up it said it was an 70v-25v audio transformer, so I don't think that's going to work.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Expert Member

Well, the original supply had that 2k resistor in the primary. Very cheap and inefficient way of limiting current in the secondary. Better keep an eye on how long you charge those batteries.
If you have a question, please start a thread/topic. I do not provide gratis assistance via PM nor E-mail, as that would violate the intent of this Board, which is sharing knowledge ... and deprives you of other knowledgeable input.
Reply   Post New Thread

Tags
, , , , ,