All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive
These forums contain an archive of usenet posts relating to electronics. These usenet posts are a great resource. Click the 'search' link to search for a topic, or browse through the posts.

Back To: please note - you cannot post on these forums. this is a usenet archive, new posts are not permitted. please visit our forums to create a new post
   SearchSearch
Does Radiation exist in Computer Server Room?

   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.physics.electromag

Author Message
YEONG SING MENG (GPI)
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 6:12 am    Post subject: Does Radiation exist in Computer Server Room?

Environmental Question:

Hardware Spec.
HP Netserver LC3 PII 400 SN:SG85003944
14" HP CRT Monitor model D2821-60501

Dear all,
This is concerned about human health. My question is we
are having 2 units of HP servers and now they are being
located in next to our boss's room.
All i would like to enquiry is about the radiation being
transmitted from the 2 monitors. For your information, his
seat is facing back to the 2 monitors with a piece of asbestos
material being in the middle as wall.
I wonder if the radiation from the monitors would transmit
and spread over to my boss's sitting area and cause a
unwanted health problem because he would be sitting there
for a long time.
Will the radiation be around if the 2 monitors are in the
state of being power off. If they are switched on, will that be transmited
to my boss's sitting area next room?
I hope u could enlighten me because i am not in that field of working. If
uou can't help, pls point me to right good forum .
Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks

--
YEONG,
Malaysia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Radiation exist in Computer Server Room?

"YEONG SING MENG (GPI)" <smyeong@goldenpet.com.my> wrote in message
Quote:
Environmental Question:

Hardware Spec.
HP Netserver LC3 PII 400 SN:SG85003944
14" HP CRT Monitor model D2821-60501

Dear all,
This is concerned about human health. My question is we
are having 2 units of HP servers and now they are being
located in next to our boss's room.
All i would like to enquiry is about the radiation being
transmitted from the 2 monitors. For your information, his
seat is facing back to the 2 monitors with a piece of asbestos
material being in the middle as wall.

i would worry more about the asbestos than em radiation.

Quote:
I wonder if the radiation from the monitors would transmit
and spread over to my boss's sitting area

yes

Quote:
and cause a
unwanted health problem because he would be sitting there
for a long time.

not that anyone has conclusively shown

Quote:
Will the radiation be around if the 2 monitors are in the
state of being power off.

probably not, but there may be some small current depending on the design of
the monitors power supply and controls.

Quote:
If they are switched on, will that be transmited
to my boss's sitting area next room?

sure. and so does his computer(assuming he has one), his desk light, the
wires in the walls, floor, and ceiling, his cell phone, and any other
electrical equipment in the area.

Quote:
I hope u could enlighten me because i am not in that field of working. If
uou can't help, pls point me to right good forum .
Your feedback is appreciated.
Thanks
Back to top
Joseph.D.Warner
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Does Radiation exist in Computer Server Room?

YEONG SING MENG (GPI) wrote:
Quote:

If you are really worried just get some LCD monitors instead of the

cheap CRTs.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.physics.electromag All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum