All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive
These forums contain an archive of usenet posts relating to electronics. These usenet posts are a great resource. Click the 'search' link to search for a topic, or browse through the posts.

Back To: please note - you cannot post on these forums. this is a usenet archive, new posts are not permitted. please visit our forums to create a new post
   SearchSearch
How to remove broken end of audio cable from CPU

   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.electronics.repair

Author Message
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: How to remove broken end of audio cable from CPU

(1) I have installed PixelView TV Tuning Card and disabled BtCap,WDM
Aduio Capture (Sound, video and game controllers)( TelSignal Co., Ltd.)
on location
PCI Slot 4 (PCI bus 1, device 3, function 1)
(2)While pulling computer under desk,My audio speaker cable has been
left over with a broken end inside CPU sound card,after that I lost to
listen many of Reuters/BBC media/Video clips,Windows Live Media file.I
can't take out either broken end or audio card as this is not like
removeable PCI card,it is soldered to board.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/asiannet/wmp.shtml?9all
(Error on Page,see file)

http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoChannel.aspx?storyId=cfdff47f726dacab567b45b1f7e7a0120afd821c
(No Error ,can't listen)
Back to top
Michael Kennedy
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove broken end of audio cable from CPU

Uh.... yeah??

So out of that I gather you broke a 1/8" audio plug off in your onboard
sound card.. I suggest neadle nose plyers or perhaps pushing it out from the
other side with a small pin or neadle. You may have to break the outer
plastic ring of the phone jack to get it out. If you are unable to get it
out you could always install a pci sound card.

- Mike
Back to top
JANA
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: How to remove broken end of audio cable from CPU

Rather than taking a chance to do some damage, take the computer over to a
service centre, and have an experienced tech get the connector out for you.
Bring your speaker unit along, so that he can put on a new connector for
you.

--

JANA
_____

<Thaqalainnaqvi@gmail.com> wrote in message
(1) I have installed PixelView TV Tuning Card and disabled BtCap,WDM
Aduio Capture (Sound, video and game controllers)( TelSignal Co., Ltd.)
on location
PCI Slot 4 (PCI bus 1, device 3, function 1)
(2)While pulling computer under desk,My audio speaker cable has been
left over with a broken end inside CPU sound card,after that I lost to
listen many of Reuters/BBC media/Video clips,Windows Live Media file.I
can't take out either broken end or audio card as this is not like
removeable PCI card,it is soldered to board.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/asiannet/wmp.shtml?9all
(Error on Page,see file)

http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoChannel.aspx?storyId=cfdff47f726dacab567b45b1f7e7a0120afd821c
(No Error ,can't listen)
Back to top
lsmartino
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: How to remove broken end of audio cable from CPU

Another alternative is to disable the onboard sound chip from the BIOS,
and use a PCI Sound card instead.

After all, integrated sound chips on motherboards arenīt too great.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.electronics.repair All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum