All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive
These forums contain an archive of usenet posts relating to electronics. These usenet posts are a great resource. Click the 'search' link to search for a topic, or browse through the posts.

Back To: please note - you cannot post on these forums. this is a usenet archive, new posts are not permitted. please visit our forums to create a new post
   SearchSearch
homemade listening device

   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.electronics.basics

Author Message
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: homemade listening device

I am attempting to hard-wire a cell phone inside of a clock radio, for the
purpose of remotely monitoring my bedroom (and the wife therein) while on my
frequent business trips. This phone will be set to a mute ringer and
"auto-answer." Basically, it's a bug.

I am not an electrician-- I am simply a suspicious husband (with good
reason), and I do not know a better way to concoct this device than to
simply build it myself (what-- am I going to go to Radio Shack and pick
their brains about such a thing?)

I have identified a good phone, purchased a practice model of the clock
radio, disassembled it. I need only to somehow splice the phone's power
cord to the clock radio's power cord, where the clock radio cord enters the
unit, and thereby simultaneously power both the phone and radio. Is this
possible? I have cut away the outer insulation of the radio's cord (where
the cord is concealed internally, of course), and now there are two wires--
a black one and a white one. I have the phone's power cord, which is
obviously attached to an ac/adaptor, and I am seeking instruction on what to
do next. If any of you can PLEASE help me-- you may truly be striking a
blow against treachorous infidelity. Thank you!
Back to top
Rheilly Phoull
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

<jasoo2@copper.net> wrote in message news:3f5820e2_2@newsfeed.slurp.net...
Quote:
[...]

Well if you need help on such a simple procedure (splicing) it might be best

to get someone else to do it !!

--
Regards ............... Rheilly Phoull
Back to top

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

man! perhaps you should be thinking about how to make your wife adore you
again instead of this.

take her out to do something romantic. show her how much you love her. fuck
her brains out. then, when she least expects it, ask her if she's seeing
another man. talk about your and her feelings.

and if that doesn't work, well, it might be time time to find some other
love yourself.

or am I missing the bigger picture here?

<jasoo2@copper.net> wrote in message news:3f5820e2_2@newsfeed.slurp.net...
Quote:
I am attempting to hard-wire a cell phone inside of a clock radio, for the
purpose of remotely monitoring my bedroom (and the wife therein) while on
my
frequent business trips. This phone will be set to a mute ringer and
"auto-answer." Basically, it's a bug.
Back to top
Mark Fergerson
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

Casper wrote:
Quote:
man! perhaps you should be thinking about how to make your wife adore you
again instead of this.

take her out to do something romantic. show her how much you love her. fuck
her brains out. then, when she least expects it, ask her if she's seeing
another man. talk about your and her feelings.

and if that doesn't work, well, it might be time time to find some other
love yourself.

I've often thought that the main identifying
characteristic of great engineers is that they determine the
_real_ problem and its parameters before looking for solutions.

Quote:
or am I missing the bigger picture here?

No, I think you nailed it.

Mark L. Fergerson
Back to top
Henry Kolesnik
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

I'd say you're wasting you're time, money and energy. But maybe you need
evidence so you can move on. The black wire is hot and white neutral. Cut
the end off a small extension cord and strip the insulation from the ends
and twist them on to the stripped regions of the radio cord and tape them up
good. Plug the phone wart into the short extension and put the phone in
the radio. You might want to cut a speaker wire just in case the alleged
suspects decide to listen to music. Best of luck
hank wd5jfr
[...]

Baphomet
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

"Henry Kolesnik" <wd5jfr@oklahoma.net> wrote in message
I'd say you're wasting you're time, money and energy. But maybe you need
evidence so you can move on. The black wire is hot and white neutral. Cut
the end off a small extension cord and strip the insulation from the ends
and twist them on to the stripped regions of the radio cord and tape them up
good. Plug the phone wart into the short extension and put the phone in
the radio. You might want to cut a speaker wire just in case the alleged
suspects decide to listen to music. Best of luck

Henry -

I wish you the best of luck also. If someone wanted to push it at some
future point in time (within the statute of limitations), you have just
opened yourself up to a facilitation rap in an invasion of privacy suit.
Back to top
iwhitey
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

Why can't you just plug the phone in on the same outlet plate at the
clock? Do you think she'll notice? I would think an extension cord
plug spliced into the clock's power cord would stick out even more.
If your worried about two cords coming out the back of the clock, just
tape them together in a few places.

Another option would be a sound activated digital recorder. They
don't use much juice and only run when there's sound in the room. I
saw one the other day that recordes for 330 minutes. If they're going
that long, I'd pack my bags and hit the road anyway.

I'm thinking that once she cheats, you can never trust her again. If
you ask her straight out, would you trust her answer? If she's
cheating, then lying will be no problem for her. Don't listen to
these other "living in a fantasy world" pansies. Do it. If you find
out she's not cheating, no one is the wiser or hurt. Best of luck
man.
Back to top
Steve
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

seems that a voice activated recorder is the way to go, but it could
backfire on you in court if it comes to a divorce!

Honesty is the key man, just tell her you are having crazy thoughts
and the only way to find peace within yourself is to ask her to tell
you the truth!

If she's a good partner she'll be concerned that you feel that way and
want to help you.

If she's a slut, she'll turn it back on you and accuse you of not
trusting her.

If she's not cheating, but still doesn't want to help alleviate your
concerns, then she's not worth any further effort.
Back to top
john Q pubic
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: homemade listening device

you aint gonna catch me doin yer wife , not that easy....lol. lockin the barn
door after the barn got away
Back to top
Display posts from previous:
   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.electronics.basics All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum