All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive
These forums contain an archive of usenet posts relating to electronics. These usenet posts are a great resource. Click the 'search' link to search for a topic, or browse through the posts.
 
Back To: please note - you cannot post on these forums. this is a usenet archive, new posts are not permitted. please visit our forums to create a new post
   SearchSearch 
HPGL Reference

 
   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.electronics.cad


Author Message
Frank Pickens
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:38 am    Post subject: HPGL Reference

I have Googled my a** off for half a day today trying to locate a
complete reference to the HPGL plotter language. I have found many
references to the subject and snippets of code here and there but
nothing complete. I just bought an old Encad SP600 plotter and the
program reference guide is missing. The device does recognize the HPGL
instructions. A link to a site would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank P
Back to top
Chuck Harris
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

Try going to this address:

http://sinfor.lcs.mit.edu:8180/pcbmill/index.html

Download the "source code" (kind of large). Unpack the
tar.gz file, and in the "doc" directory is a file called
ctechref.pdf, it is 4.7 Mb and contains the complete standard
for the laserjet and HPGL plotters.

-Chuck

If you don't have a clue what I am talking about, I suppose I could
email you a copy, it is 4.7Mb, though.

Frank Pickens wrote:
Quote:
I have Googled my a** off for half a day today trying to locate a
complete reference to the HPGL plotter language. I have found many
references to the subject and snippets of code here and there but
nothing complete. I just bought an old Encad SP600 plotter and the
program reference guide is missing. The device does recognize the HPGL
instructions. A link to a site would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank P
Back to top
Frank Pickens
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

Chuck Harris wrote:

Quote:
Try going to this address:

http://sinfor.lcs.mit.edu:8180/pcbmill/index.html

Download the "source code" (kind of large). Unpack the
tar.gz file, and in the "doc" directory is a file called
ctechref.pdf, it is 4.7 Mb and contains the complete standard
for the laserjet and HPGL plotters.

-Chuck

If you don't have a clue what I am talking about, I suppose I could
email you a copy, it is 4.7Mb, though.

Frank Pickens wrote:
I have Googled my a** off for half a day today trying to locate a
complete reference to the HPGL plotter language. I have found many
references to the subject and snippets of code here and there but
nothing complete. I just bought an old Encad SP600 plotter and the
program reference guide is missing. The device does recognize the HPGL
instructions. A link to a site would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Frank P


Thanks Chuck,
I have downloaded the file "pcmmill-0.98.tar.gz". What utility do I need to
unpack this file. I only familiar with PKUNZIP. Is this a unix file?
Frank
Back to top
Spehro Pefhany
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:15 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:46:21 GMT, the renowned Frank Pickens
<frankpickens@verizon.net> wrote:


Quote:
Thanks Chuck,
I have downloaded the file "pcmmill-0.98.tar.gz". What utility do I need to
unpack this file. I only familiar with PKUNZIP. Is this a unix file?
Frank

Winzip opens the .gz and the .tar formats, but here's a direct link to
a copy of the PDF:

http://www.lprng.com/DISTRIB/RESOURCES/DOCS/ctechref.pdf


Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com
Back to top
Frank Pickens
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Quote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:46:21 GMT, the renowned Frank Pickens
frankpickens@verizon.net> wrote:

Thanks Chuck,
I have downloaded the file "pcmmill-0.98.tar.gz". What utility do I need to
unpack this file. I only familiar with PKUNZIP. Is this a unix file?
Frank

Winzip opens the .gz and the .tar formats, but here's a direct link to
a copy of the PDF:

http://www.lprng.com/DISTRIB/RESOURCES/DOCS/ctechref.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com

Thanks a lot Sphero. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I know I am
stepping into the past by messing around with a plotter, but it's something to
do.
Thanks again,
Frank Pickens
Back to top
Frank Pickens
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

Frank Pickens wrote:

Quote:
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:46:21 GMT, the renowned Frank Pickens
frankpickens@verizon.net> wrote:

Thanks Chuck,
I have downloaded the file "pcmmill-0.98.tar.gz". What utility do I need to
unpack this file. I only familiar with PKUNZIP. Is this a unix file?
Frank

Winzip opens the .gz and the .tar formats, but here's a direct link to
a copy of the PDF:

http://www.lprng.com/DISTRIB/RESOURCES/DOCS/ctechref.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com

Thanks a lot Sphero. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I know I am
stepping into the past by messing around with a plotter, but it's something to
do.
Thanks again,
Frank Pickens

Oops - sorry about the name spelling
Back to top
Boris Mohar
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:37:28 GMT, Frank Pickens <frankpickens@verizon.net>
wrote:

Quote:
Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:46:21 GMT, the renowned Frank Pickens
frankpickens@verizon.net> wrote:

Thanks Chuck,
I have downloaded the file "pcmmill-0.98.tar.gz". What utility do I need to
unpack this file. I only familiar with PKUNZIP. Is this a unix file?
Frank

Winzip opens the .gz and the .tar formats, but here's a direct link to
a copy of the PDF:

http://www.lprng.com/DISTRIB/RESOURCES/DOCS/ctechref.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com

Thanks a lot Sphero. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I know I am
stepping into the past by messing around with a plotter, but it's something to
do.
Thanks again,
Frank Pickens


You might also find this useful. http://www.concentric.net/~ravitz/



Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/
Aurora, Ontario
Back to top
Frank Pickens
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: HPGL Reference

Boris Mohar wrote:

Quote:
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:37:28 GMT, Frank Pickens <frankpickens@verizon.net
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:46:21 GMT, the renowned Frank Pickens
frankpickens@verizon.net> wrote:

Thanks Chuck,
I have downloaded the file "pcmmill-0.98.tar.gz". What utility do I need to
unpack this file. I only familiar with PKUNZIP. Is this a unix file?
Frank

Winzip opens the .gz and the .tar formats, but here's a direct link to
a copy of the PDF:

http://www.lprng.com/DISTRIB/RESOURCES/DOCS/ctechref.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
--
"it's the network..." "The Journey is the reward"
speff@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers: http://www.speff.com

Thanks a lot Sphero. This is exactly what I have been looking for. I know I am
stepping into the past by messing around with a plotter, but it's something to
do.
Thanks again,
Frank Pickens


You might also find this useful. http://www.concentric.net/~ravitz/

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/
Aurora, Ontario



Thanks Boris,
This site also looks promising. I appreciate the help I am getting here. I have a
fantasy that I may take an old flatbed plotter and develop a system to paint the
resist on a crude PB board. I do a fair amount of single sided boards in pursuit of
my hobby and still can piss away most of the day getting a board ready to etch. If
I am able to get a working (and practical) system I will publish it here for all
interested parties.

Thanks again,
Frank Pickens
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
   All About Circuits - Newsgroup Archive Forum Index -> sci.electronics.cad All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


sitemap